|Colour my world|
|with dance, music and traditions|
The project will involve participating schools producing resources about their own festivals and traditions that can be used by all the schools to develop a better understanding about the cultural heritage and folklore of the countries involved. The project will start in September 2011 and run for 2 years.
Results and outcomes:
- Baseline questionnaire, Joint Project logo created, Exchange dolls in national costume or typical for the region. European Day of languages, Book: own area/school, daily routines, Creation of website. Christmas greeting cards
- Instructional Video/DVD of pupils performing national dances. Video conferencing via SKYPE (dance). Comenius displays set up in each school.
Each school will prepare materials for the calendar which relate to specific customs, national holidays.
- European day celebrated, Perform each others’ dance and share these via SKYPE. Calendar info / customs taken to the next meeting. Certificates of participation for pupils. Exchange seeds/bulbs for planting. Collaborative completion of interim report
- European Day of languages, Prod. of joint Calendar 2013, Planting bulbs and creating an European flower bed (website), National recipes ready for joint recipe book. Each school will complete 1 verse of joint song (If you're happy), Christmas cards
- Each school will produce a leaflet or ppt of traditions and celebrations, common phrases with flags, to include costumes etc. for exchange at the 6th meeting.
- Booklet of joint National recipes distributed with associated Glossary. Distribution of common song and Certificates. Celebration of European Day. Evaluation of questionnaires to determine change in attitude.Final SKYPE overview. Write final reports.